Fast Company

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I swear

Hello, hello
As I sit here at the Avanti Cafe on Southport Blvd. I am inspired to do a brief post to catch folks up to speed and just unload. I'm still unemployed here in Chicago and I've been going to see a myriad of improv shows. It was the Chicago Improv festival this week and Thomas Whittington helped introduce me to some big stars in the improv world, like Mick Napier and Joe Canali. My favorite show was Ike Borenholtz and Jordan Peele, who do a two man long form based on movies. They were visiting from LA so if you live out there you should check that show out at iO west. My second favorite show that was a bit sillier was the Shakespearean Improv Company that performs at iO here in Chicago Fridays at 8pm. They have a mastery of old English and quick wit that will have you in stitches just because of the absurdity of it, at some points you'll think that Shakespeare actually wrote some of what they say.
I also wanted to farther comment on my life. I'm enjoying living in the castle (I swear I'll get pictures up once I replace the download cable from my camera). I've been teaching improv with the Young Chicago Authors on Saturday morning, and after teaching English in Ecuador it is a blessing. These young high schoolers are better writers then I am. The classes have been going well and it's too bad the class is coming to an end. I've also starting volunteering with the non-profit Growing Power and spent a wonderful day weeding in the middle of Grant Park last Wednesday, right next to Buckingham Fountain. Lastly I'm taking piano lessons and will soon have the songs Summer Time and Mack the Knife under my belt. BOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment